Come work for a company that has been voted one of New York State's 'Best Places to Work' 8 years in a row!
Horizon Health Services is a not-for-profit corporation that provides an array of comprehensive services to assist individuals with mental health and/or substance abuse issues to make choices that improve their quality of life and achieve their personal recovery goals.
- We provide fully integrated behavioral health, medical and vocational rehabilitation services in community-based settings.
- We are committed to progressive, innovative and evidence-based practices.
- We provide a broad range of comprehensive and specialized services with a focus on the individual and family.
Under general supervision of the Chief Compliance Officer, the Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for development, administration, monitoring and reporting of all agency quality assurance activities to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory and legal requirements and Horizon quality standards. The QA Coordinator coordinates with all management staff to ensure the effective communication of quality assurance findings and concerns, and makes recommendations to improve compliance with regulations and clinical standards. The QA Coordinator also oversees the functions of the Medical Records Department. This is a full time Monday- Friday position.
- Exercises on-site, overall responsibility for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of all CQI Department services
- Supervises, evaluates and supports the development of all staff CQI Department staff
- Identifies and communicates the need for clinical staff training based on quality assurance findings
- Keeps abreast of regulatory changes from the state and federal government
- Develops, reviews and revises quality assurance policies and procedures as necessary to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory standards
- Regularly reviews department workflows and performance, and recommends, designs and implements new processes and strategies to maximize efficiencies and quality
- Maintains knowledge of relevant regulatory standards, evaluates impact of changes, and coordinates and leads any required quality assurance follow up
- Creates all aggregate/trend quality assurance reports and findings, and provides accurate interpretations.
- Partners with clinical and operational managers to ensure a constant state of readiness for both unannounced and planned regulatory agency audits
- Reviews all services flagged for potential voiding and recommends strategies for minimizing their frequency, or other clinical documentation errors
- Coordinates and/or assists with preparedness and certification of all programs
- Presents QA audit and associated findings to the CQI team and prepares monthly summaries for distribution to clinical and operational management.
- Ensures that terminated clinical records are properly maintained and destroyed per agency policy.
- Consistent with policy, ensures that clinical information is disclosed to requesting active and termed client insurance companies, and to other requestors of terminated records.
• Master's Degree required
• Five years of experience in quality assurance or other related behavioral health science.
• QHP Required: LMSW, LMHC, CASAC preferred